Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Message from Sharon Leary, West Campus 2nd Grade Teacher

Spirit of Expectation

I am so excited to be in a position of expectation to see what God will do in my personal life and in our school! There are many areas in my life where God is stretching my faith; all opportunities for Him to show Himself strong. Psalm 5:3 says, “In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.”

My prayer has always been to serve God and glorify Him in my life. As a little girl, I remember listening to the stories of my mother and hearing how she served God as a nun in an orphanage. She told of God’s miracles and provision. As a young woman, just starting out in a serious relationship with the Lord, I listened to the stories of the miraculous things God had done in the life of my pastor’s wife. While listening to these stories, my thinking was always the same: “Lord, I want stories of my own.”

Now, many years later, there are days when I feel like shouting, “No more stories!!!” I sometimes think, “Can’t something in my life just be easy and normal?” But easy and normal don’t have anything to do with the God we serve nor His will for our lives. Isaiah 55:9 tells us, “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.” Our goal is to go from faith to faith His way!

I love my testimonies of God’s faithfulness, loving-kindness, mercy, and provision much more after the stories are finished than while they are being created in my life. Each story has cost me something. Dying to self, crucifying the flesh, fighting fear, trusting God (not circumstances), walking in obedience, etc. are not always easy things to do. The good news is that, in the end, we have the victory! Revelation 12:11 tells us, “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.”

I love that Phoenix Christian is developing an ongoing testimony of God’s faithfulness and goodness. When He looks at our circumstances and our future He says, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Do we believe Him? Are we waiting expectantly for Him to show Himself strong? Let’s take time today to thank and praise Him because we serve a great and mighty God! Soon we’ll have another great story!

1 comment:

  1. ....and i cant wait to see the ending to the Final story of our life....when Jesus returns

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our blog.