Monday, October 4, 2010

Message from Jim Koan, Superintendent

20May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 13:20-21 (New International Version)

It is not often this summer I have had occasion to shiver (“How many days were we in triple digits?”) but I have to tell you I visibly shivered today when I read this scripture. Like many in our school leadership, the majority of my attention this past week has been on the financial challenges we face as a school and seeking to perceive a Godly response to these challenges and opportunities before us. I knew that minds have been racing and wheels turning, wondering how God was going to provide and anxious to see His hand of provision and direction. I wanted to offer words of encouragement to them on our ‘God of peace’ and this was the last entry that www.BibleGateway.com pulled up.

As I read it I felt God speak to me “Jim, hear this: I’ve got you covered. I can raise the dead, I’m watching over you like a shepherd does His feeble minded flock, and I can equip you and your team for every good work I intend you to do.” There go those shivers again.

God planned every moment of Jesus’ days on this earth, and He’s planned our days as well (Jer. 29:11). When He says “Move!” I am gonna move, but for now, I am enjoying casting all my cares on Him and I plan to enjoy snuggling up to my Abba-Father, my ‘God of peace.’ Hope you’ll come and join me.

1 comment:

  1. Jim,

    You took on quite the task when you looked at our situation and accepted the job anyway. I'm glad to share this front row view of the struggles and triumphs with you. Thanks for taking God at His word and reminding me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our blog.