Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Message from Phil Adams, Principal JH/SH & Central Elementary

And he said, "Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.
I Kings 19:11-12

In my experience God has never used wind, earthquakes, or fire to speak to me. As a matter of fact no one I know has ever experienced that either. These events may get our attention, or put us on notice, but God has already gone on record as to what He requires. His written word and His incarnate Word have always been available to us, as is His Holy Spirit. We have all that we need.

“Because you love me, you want me to know the right thing to do, the right direction, the true meaning of every situation. You want me to choose wisely. You want what is best for everyone. You want me to see what you are doing, to understand the reality of things as you do.

“I need a special gift of foresight, Father, I know your guidance is subtle; you are gentle with me. You do not shout orders, so I will wait for your Spirit to whisper what is true, shed light on what is wise, make sense of all the indicators. The choices may be mine, but the foresight and wisdom must be yours. I want to know your mind.

From Leadership Prayers, by Richard Kriegbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.