Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Message from Carol Kirchman, West Campus Kindergarten Teacher

Jeremiah 18:1-6 says, “This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD: "Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the LORD came to me: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.”

This passage was part of my devotions a couple weeks ago. I was reminded of this passage this weekend as I watched my daughter and new son-in-law get married. A couple of years ago she was broken and torn. She was going through a difficult time, for her husband had decided to divorce her, leaving her with two children and no where to turn. She was devastated and she felt as if her whole world had turned upside down. We took her in and began to minister to her. She began to seek God in everything she did. It was rough but as God began to work in her life, He shaped and formed her into a strong woman of courage and strength. She is devoted to the things of God and seeks God daily. It was awesome to see her change into the person she has become today.

We at PC also have the privilege of working with children of all ages. God has entrusted them into our care for such a time as this. We are the potters and the children are the clay. Each child is clay in our hands and we take part in the shaping and molding of them. We have an awesome responsibility and we can not do it without God’s help for He is the ultimate potter.

My heart’s prayer is that God will grant you, each and everyday an opportunity to speak into a child’s life.

1 comment:

  1. Janice Koivisto says...
    Way to go, Carol! You have been a "potter" in my sons' lives for over 10 years now, and I have seen the many loving ways you have molded them, as they have become young men of God and for God!
    Blessings and prayers for April and Chris!
    JK:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our blog.