Friday, November 12, 2010

Message from Nancy Smith, Development Office

“Woe to me! I cried, “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the king. The Lord Almighty.” Is 6:5

Have you seen God lately? I am not asking if He has seen you, because he sees everything, but have you seen God? Is our reaction like Isaiah’s or do we view seeing God as we view a passing car?

When we truly see God, He overshadows everything; “His train fills the temple”! When we see God, we are truly humbled and we realize that, along with everyone else in this world, we are not deserving of his grace and mercy. We realize that we are a people of “unclean lips”! When we see God, we must realize that only when the world (and specifically those close to each of us) see Him, will their eyes be opened to see who God is. Pray for those around you to see God in this way.

I need to see God today. When I spend time in God’s Word, I see Him. My anxious heart is revived and rested and my sinful nature is exposed when I do not. Think about it: We are never tired of seeing those we love. How can God ever be tired of seeing us come into his throne room again to see Him. Thank you, Jesus!

“Be Thou my Vision, O Lord O my heart; Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art – Thou my best thought, by day or by night, waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light. High King of Heaven, after victory won, May I reach heaven’s joys, O bright heaven’s Sun! Heart of my own heart, what-ever be fall, still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.”

Help me to keep seeing you, Lord. Thank you for changing me by seeing you in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.