Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Message from Carol Stines, Director of International Students

We recently celebrated Veteran’s Day. Both of my parents were veterans. My mother was in the Army Air Corp before they had women in the Air Force. My father was in the Air Force. After my father passed away (I had just turned 16), my mother re-married. My step father had been a veteran also. He was all over the globe – Japan, the south Pacific then Europe. My husband’s twin brother also served. He was in Vietnam.

We recently had a fantastic sermon on how we are in Christ. We don’t invite Christ into our lives; we become in Christ. There’s a big difference. For many Christians, inviting Christ into our lives means opening a part of our lives and “letting” Christ be there. That is not what we are supposed to do. We are to enter into Christ. When a person is in the military, it is not just a part of their lives, they are in the military. We can’t have Christ be a part of our lives, either. We need to be in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.