Monday, October 3, 2011

Message from Jim Koan, Superintendent

“Sometimes what we need to cure our fat egos is a strong dose of God:

• Long before a certain visionary ‘discovered’ the earth was round, God sat enthroned above the circle of the earth.
• Long before men were so ‘enlightened,’ God formed the light and the darkness.
• Long before the first billion dollars was invested in exploring space, God’s own hands stretched out the heavens.
• Long before there was a ‘beginning,’ God had already planned the end.

Like Peter on the mount of transfiguration, we’re so caught up in the tabernacles we want to build that we sometimes miss a fresh revelation of God’s glory right before our eyes.” Beth Moore in Breaking Free

This paragraph caught my eye and, in reality, my heart. I was moved by the words of Isaiah 46:9.

“I am God, and there is no other.
I am God, and there is none like me”

Here’s what is so moving to me: this warning from God to get a proper perspective on His character and position brings both clarity of God’s awesome power and comfort through the knowledge of that same great power.

In the times when I get “too big for my britches” and try to do things my way – I need this reminder that this world and this universe is all about the One and Only Jehovah God. Life is all about Him. He is, deservedly so, the Center of the Universe.

But when life and circumstances and the rest flow over us – there is no god greater than our God. We have need of nothing greater than His power and His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.