Monday, March 28, 2011

Message from Jim Koan, Superintendent

On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand

Psalm 33:22
May your unfailing love be with us, LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

Jeremiah 14:22
Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain? Do the skies themselves send down showers? No, it is you, LORD our God. Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this.

2 Corinthians 1:10
He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us,

1 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope,

1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

MY HOPE IS BUILT (click on link below to listen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6tFzOYFZ30&feature=related

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
         o On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
            All other ground is sinking sand,
            All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
    I rest on His unchanging grace;
    In every high and stormy gale,
    My anchor holds within the veil.

3. His oath, His covenant, His blood,
    Support me in the whelming flood;
    When all around my soul gives way,
    He then is all my hope and stay.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
    Oh, may I then in Him be found;
    In Him, my righteousness, alone,
    Faultless to stand before the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.