Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Message from Dan Stauffer, JH/SH Math Teacher

"Three years ago my wife and I came to a major turn in the road. We had been missionaries for 18 years (mostly in Africa), and we expected that's what we'd always be. In spite of our ideas, we were led in a different direction. Moving home to Arizona we really didn't know what God had planned, and we have continually needed to say, "Okay, God, what's next?"

As I look at life it is helpful for me to think about a little boy and his dad, who go walking through the forest on a Sunday afternoon. They go up and down on different paths that wind through the wilderness. They cross streams and other difficult passages. After they have twisted and turned through unknown territory for a while, the father turns to his son and says, "Do you know where we are? Do you know how to get home?" The boy replies, "No, I don't know, but I don't have to, because you do!"

I can be prone to setting the agenda for my life--feeling like I need to be in control and know where everything is headed. I don't have to. I need to remind myself that God has a plan. Even if I don't always understand what He is doing, I know He cares about me, He will lead me, and He will take me home.

2 Corinthians 2:14"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.