Monday, March 7, 2011

Message from Barb Tomb, Admin. Assistant to Superintendent

You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man’s life is but a breath. Psalm 39:5

I was enjoying a few moments of “me” time as I slowly turned through the pages of our family photo album. How fondly I remembered the delightful squeals, silly stories and sweet giggles of our three children and how good it felt to hold them close, dry their tears, and listen to their steady breathing after they drifted off to sleep. Where did that precious time go? I thought the hectic pace of running them around for school and church activities, piano lessons, cheerleading events, track and football would never end. What happened? How soon it was gone!

Had I taken even a single day for granted? Had I allowed life to get so busy or stressed that I missed out on what was really important? James 4:14 reminds me that God gives each of us the same 24 hours each day. He lets us spend them in whatever ways we choose. Will we waste that time or fill it with balance and appreciation, making the most of each day?

As I grow older, I find that time still passes by too swiftly. I want to say, “Wait!” I want to cherish each day and moment, for they will soon be gone, never to be recaptured.

Today, I thank Jesus for enduring the agony of the cross, for dying in my place to earn the forgiveness I need. I know my days on earth are limited and I pray each day that God will help me to make the most of them even as I look forward to spending eternity with my God.

-excerpts taken from Woman of God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.