Thursday, April 14, 2011

Message from Renee Trapp, Business Manager

I HAVE FINISHED THE RACE

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7

As I wrap up the last 2 months of my ten years at Phoenix Christian, I feel like I am finishing a race. A race that began when Tanner was just in the 3rd grade (and now here he is soon graduating.) A race that started in 2001, when PC was just a JH and SH. A race that added the complexity of a merge with two elementary schools and a preschool. A race that added the dimension of a west side elementary school. A race that felt the stress of a severe economic downturn. A race that seemed to continually change its rules and directions.

However, throughout the past ten years, God has been faithful. He has been right by my side encouraging me and strengthening me as I have been running (and some of you may say literally.) I thank Him for the promise: “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

Soon I will be passing the proverbial baton to my successor, Karen Boyce. I pray that God will prepare her even now for the work ahead and for the challenging race ahead.

May God bless you as you run your race at PC. I pray you will be strengthened and keep the faith.

3 comments:

  1. You will be missed! Please drop in on us often and let us know how you and yours are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, you have certainly served Him, us, and PCUS well. By God's grace, you are passing the baton into good hands and are leaving PCUS better than you found it. I am blessed personally and professionally to have worked under your leadership. May our gracious, loving Lord continue to bless you and guide you as you seek His glory in your next venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a huge blessing to PC and to me, personally. May the Lord continue to guide you, bless you, and use you to further His kingdom work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our blog.