Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Message from Phil Adams, JH/SH & Central Elementary Principal

Trust in the LORD, and do good;
  dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.

Delight yourself in the LORD,
  and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD;
  trust in him, and he will act.

Psalm 37:3-5 English Standard Version

Trust, delight, commit. That is our part. The doing, that’s God’s part. Many have missed the point of verse 4. Delighting comes first. That changes me from the inside, all the while God implanting His desires into me, forcing out my own. God’s will then becomes mine. He wants to fulfill His purposes in me, and He will. How liberating to know that allowing God to have full sway in me will – must produce God’s perfect will. So many of our students struggle with finding God’s will for their lives. Didn’t we when we were young? Perhaps some of us still do. Here is the formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.