Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Message from Sonya Berges, JH/SH Teacher

“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,”
Ephesians 3:20

“For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 8: 38 & 39

I have a brother who has been diagnosed as SMI – severely mentally ill. The past two months have been a roller coaster in my world watching him deteriorate one more time and unraveling the consequences of adult abuse toward our mom. While the situation has at times felt overwhelming and surreal, I have never before felt God’s presence and peace as profoundly as I have over these weeks.

So many situations have presented themselves where I didn’t know how or what to pray for yet God opened doors, closed them and worked ahead, behind and around us. His protection and provision have been nothing short of a miracle. My past doubts about whether God was real, if he loved me or listened to me have been silenced. As I’ve read, journaled and prayed through this time, I see God’s fingerprints all over this. It has been a difficult but beautiful testimony to a very real God who loves us so much.

As you celebrate Thanksgiving, I pray that you too will see God show up in amazing ways in your personal circumstances. Hopefully they aren’t as dramatic as mine. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.