Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Message from Lisa Blake, Counselor

Our little miracle growing inside me is certainly continuing to surprise us! I definitely do not use the word "miracle" flippantly. Most of you know, but perhaps many may not know that Jeff and I have struggled to conceive. I know, it's surprising! We're on our 5th pregnancy but REALLY! It took over a year with Brooklynne, we tried at least 9 months for the next baby that we lost, we tried over a year and 1/2 for T.J. and 2+ years for Annie. So you must understand our utter SHOCK when we discovered that I was pregnant this summer (a little over 2 months since Annie's birth). Once the shock wore off (it took a little while), I remembered that Jeff and I had just talked about still wanting one more and hoping/praying for God's will in our family. So with our little miracle baby growing inside me, we began our new journey feeling both overwhelmed and utterly amazed at HIS plan for our family.

With each and every day that passes, I question if I have enough love to give a husband and four little ones. Especially after a day of changing half of dozen diapers, running upstairs 20+ times 7months pregnant with a 16 lb baby on my hips and a four year old that just cannot seem to figure out the whole "getting dressed" thing. Hoping to have the house picked-up, dinner hot and ready, and a joyous spirit when Jeff and Brooklynne arrive, I scurry around finding myself growing more and more reluctant about this miracle baby growing inside me. Do I have enough love to give?

So I search my heart and I search Christ's heart. I think He's revealed something to me that most of you have probably already discovered. I do NOT have enough love to give! There is absolutely no way I can pour myself out over and over and over - there's just not enough to go around. BUT His love is abundant, overflowing, MORE than enough.

I know, the 23rd Psalms is so over done but I've really spent some time recently meditating on this chapter. So here's the Message version which I love for it's visual depiction.

God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

4 Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.

5 You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

6 Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.

"My cup brims with blessing" or my cup overflows...I LOVE THIS! As I rest in HIS presence and experience HIS abundant love, my cup cannot help but overflow into the lives of Jeff, Brooklynne, T.J., Annie, and our little miracle baby.

As our journey continues to take some twists and turns, Jeff and I thank you for covering us with prayers. Our words cannot express our deep gratitude and love for this community.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lisa, reading this was so uplifting! Thank you sharing this...its what I needed to hear today! I would like to share your rendition of Psalms 23 on my facebook page, I know for a fact there are several friends who could do with this encouragement! God bless you and Jeff and remember you both impact young people everyday for eternity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our blog.