Monday, November 7, 2011

Message from Barb Tomb, Admin. Assistant to Superintendent

Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! Psalm 89:15
I know that with all my heart that when I sing praises to God, something is happening in heaven, because my spirit gets relief, my emotions change from negative to positive, my mind feels inspired to think more wisely, my heart is guarded from the pain I might otherwise experience, my physical body relaxes and I’m drawn into God’s presence knowing His loving arms are wrapped around me in His safe and secure protection.
Make a habit of praising God throughout your day and just see if it doesn’t soothe your spirit’s dryness with the oil of joy. Don’t make it a one-time morning or bedtime deal. And don’t wait until you get an answer to your prayers or a blessing from God before you praise Him. God is good all the time, and we need to praise Him all the time – whether or not we feel like it.
When our kids were all growing up, Dave used to tell them over and over, “You can’t always control how you feel, but you can control how you act.” To this day, our family repeats this statement time and time again as we seek to praise God all the time.
- excerpts taken from Joy for the Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.