Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Message from Jan Wolfe, Art Teacher

Lamentations is an old book, with fitting advice for today’s society. In chapter 3 verse 17 it states “My soul is bereft of peace; I have forgotten what happiness is, so I say ‘my endurance has perished; so has my hope from the Lord.’”

This echoes the pain and hopelessness that many people are feeling across our nation today. We have to continue reading to find the encouragement to go on. In verse 21 the author continues “But then I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. ‘The Lord is my portion’; says my soul, ‘therefore I will hope in him.’”

Tomorrow is a new morning. Renew your hearts and hope with the steadfast love of the Lord and his never ceasing mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.