Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Message from Margaret Crotts, First Grade Teacher

Good News?

I’m not very accustomed to getting or hearing
good news. The stories that headline the news-
paper or the 6 o’clock news don’t typically tell
good news. It’s usually just the opposite. The
market fell? Wars or rumors of wars? Washington
gridlock? No rain? 116 degree temperatures?
Seriously??

I find myself not expecting good news. Mr. Koan
calls an unexpected staff meeting and the first
thing I think about is NOT “good news”!

However, the other day when I went to the mailbox I
found two pieces of good news! A refund check I
certainly wasn’t expecting and a credit on an
account that I didn’t realize was coming! Must be a
mistake!

The best thing we can do with genuinely good news
is to receive it, and the best news I’ve ever heard is
this:

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith,
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus
Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith
into this grace in which we stand.”
Romans 5:1-2

Doesn’t that sound too good to be true? It’s not. The
Gospel is not too good to be true. Not even close!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.