Monday, September 12, 2011

Message from Angie Dickerson, Admin. Assistant to Principal

An encouraging word for us here at PC to press on!

A while back, during some time with the Lord I read three sentences about clear-headed leadership that really blessed me. I pass them on to you in the hope that you will clearly hear a word of encouragement from our Lord Jesus.

Pass this on to Christian leaders you know who could use a word of encouragement:

"You are in the line of battle, and crisis is at hand. To falter a moment would be to imperil some holy interest. Other lives would be harmed by your pausing, holy interests would suffer, should your hands be folded." (Streams in the Desert, March 11).

The apostle Paul moved on, through difficulties, disappointments, troubles and suffering. He refused to be stopped in his call and in his work for the Lord. He had a determination to press on, no matter what!

"I PRESS ON so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12, NASB

"I PRESS ON toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14, NASB

"LET US PRESS ON to maturity." Hebrews 6:1, NASB

It’s not time to kick back and play, or to relax or be diverted from our devotion to Christ and His Church. Press on! Press on! Press on! Jesus is praying for you, His Spirit is empowering you! We’ll be going home soon!

"But I keep going on, grasping ever more firmly that purpose for which Christ Jesus grasped me. . . . But I do concentrate on this: I leave the past behind and with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead I go straight for the goal—my reward the hour of my high calling by God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12b-14, Phillips Translation

-Taken from GRACE Mail, 8/23/2011, Calvary Community Church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.