Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Message from Phil Adams, Principal JH/SH & Central Elementary

A hymn has been stuck in my head.

My stubborn will at last hath yielded;
I would be Thine, and Thine alone;
And this the prayer my lips are bringing,
Lord, let in me Thy will be done.

Refrain:

Sweet will of God, still fold me closer,
Till I am wholly lost in Thee.

I’m tired of sin, footsore and weary,
The darksome path hath dreary grown;
But now a light has ris’n to cheer me;
I find in Thee my Star, my Sun.

Thy precious will, O conqu’ring Savior,
Doth now embrace and compass me;
All discords hushed, my peace a river,
My soul, a prisoned bird set free.

Shut in with Thee, O Lord, forever,
My wayward feet no more to roam;
What pow’r from Thee my soul can sever?
The center of God’s will my home.

With me, this is not a prayer said once and for all, but daily, or even more often. Sweet will of God, still fold me closer, till I am wholly lost in thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.