Monday, January 31, 2011

Message from Janice Koivisto, Junior High Teacher

Luke 12:22-31

“How are you, Mrs. Koivisto?”, “How you doin’, Mrs. K?”, “Janice, how are things?”

I can’t tell you how many hundreds of times a day it seems like someone asks me how I am and how things are going. In the past I have blown right past them with a blithe answer: “I’m fine…Going good….Things are moving right along”….and I didn’t even break stride to acknowledge the person OR their concern for me…I was too wrapped up in the work to be done, the copies to be made, the appointment to be kept, etc….


But this week, God has slowed me down, put on the brakes, and focused my attention on how things REALLY ARE going for me…and I’m not talking about the work or the copies or the appointments…He whispered into my heart, “Janice, I am here, I care for you, I am holding you in My hand, I know what you are experiencing…And yes, things really are fine….Fine for you because you are with Me…Count your blessings, look at My provision for you…It is a fine day for you!”


This week, when the dear people in my life asked me how I was, I stopped, and I looked at them with a smile…And from my heart, I said, “I have a husband who adores me, two sons who think I’m pretty cool, a job I love, a car with gas in the tank, and a house with food in the fridge...and most of all, a God who loves me enough to die for me…what more could I want? I’m having a GREAT DAY!


So, when someone asks you today “How are you?”, stop, look them in the eye and tell them how blessed you really are! I pray you will have a GREAT DAY…


Luke 12:33 “But seek His kingdom, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.