Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Message from Carol Stines, Director of International Program

My method of Bible reading is that I alternate between two translations or versions.  I read the Bible through using the Message translation then I read the Bible through using the Chronological Bible then I go back to the Message.  So, I’ve read the same passages a number of times, but recently, while reading in Exodus a simple verse struck me.

It’s Exodus 16:36: The Israelites ate manna forty years.  40 YEARS! 

Immediately the song came to mind – Our God is an Awesome God

Our God is an awesome God
He reigns from Heaven above
With wisdom power and love
Our God is an awesome God

Just to think about the Lord providing for the Israelites every single day for 40 years is just one reason to sing that Our God is An Awesome God!  As the song says …

I hope that you have not
Too quickly forgotten that
Our God is an awesome God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.