Thursday, April 26, 2012

Message from Margarita Llanes, Spanish Teacher

It seems like in the last couple of weeks I had found myself praying extra hard for the problem of how to handle a teen’s occasional sarcasm- or, as what I call, “back talk.” It was during one morning reading Becky Freeman, that the Lord gave me the following sweet poem from her friend Faye Yates. I hope the words will remind you today that we are created to be loved and to love. Not to love only the smart, fast and beautiful. Simply put we need to love others at home or at school just because they belong to God’s family. Enjoy!!

 
Just Because You’re You

 They say some babies born will only be
 A heavy burden to a family
 Because they’ll never act the proper way,
 So find a place for them to stay…
 But a mother looks through tear filled eyes
 And begins to sing this lullaby…
  “I don’t love you, for what you can, or cannot do
     I love you, just because you’re you
  Though many others may question your worth
  I’ll treasure you, more than all the earth.”

And when we see our soul so scared with sin
We are surprised to find God takes us in
For all we have to give Him is our shame
And though we fail the Lord, we hear Him say,
  “Though I look at you through tear filled eyes,
       I still sing to you this lullaby,
  “I don’t love you, for what you can or cannot do
      I love you, just because you’re you,
  Though sometimes, you may question your own worth,
    I’ll love you, more than all the earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.