Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Message from Harold Harmon, High School Teacher

I have always had a difficult time wrapping my finite mind around the Biblical truths regarding God’s design and plan for our lives when I have seen first-hand so much poverty and sickness in this world. I have seen malnourished children begging in the streets of Ecuador and Morelia and Jalapa and the list goes on. And these are not the poorest of the poor. Sandy and I have picked up the pieces of 60+ children who have come from abusive and neglectful homes – children we introduce to Jesus and have to explain why God allowed them to be born to parents who were drug addicts or alcoholics and who didn’t care for them. And then, the puzzling question is: Why was I born into a loving family and was given the best of everything? Why do I live in a beautiful home and have bounty, when our good friends in Rocky Point live in shanties and rarely have enough to eat?

I know in my mind that the answer lies in the profound affect that sin has had on this planet. And all I can do is thank God for the blessings that He continues to give to my family and do what I can to ease the misery of those who lie in my sphere of influence. Even though our efforts are but a drop in the ocean, we will continue to take food and clothing to Mexico and we will continue to provide foster children with a loving home who, otherwise, would be living in a shelter. Jeff will continue to bless less- fortunate children from MC Cash as well as an array of others that are blessed by the service projects and blood drives. Howard, Jan and Jim will continue to bless the refugees from Uganda. And the teachers and staff at PC will continue to make a difference in the lives of thousands who are blessed by their efforts.

God blesses us so we can, in turn, be a blessing to others. Jesus’ ministry was to the poor, the lame, and the sick of this world. If we see the world through our Father’s eyes, we will be a channel of God’s love to those around us. It is far better to give than to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.