Thursday, March 22, 2012

Message from Marc Cram, High School Teacher

I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your doings;
I muse on the work of Your hands.
I stretch out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You, as a parched land.

Answer me quickly, O LORD, my spirit fails;
Do not hide Your face from me,
Or I will become like those who go down to the pit.
Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;
For I trust in You;
Teach me the way in which I should walk;
For to You I lift up my soul.
Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies;
I take refuge in You.

Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
For the sake of Your name, O LORD, revive me.
In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my enemies
And destroy all those who afflict my soul,
For I am Your servant.

God led me to this Psalm this week for my wife (fyi it is so fun to say I have a wife now :) and I found that it also applies to PC. This part of the Psalms, verse 5, starts with remembering the days of old and what the Lord has done for us. I remember only a few years back we were teaming with students and at full capacity. PC has had many great years in the past and have been blessed with so many students. Now we look at our school which was cut in half pretty much for enrollment and it has been hard and stressful through these last few years. But as the Psalms tell us, “For I trust in You; Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to you I lift up my soul.” We know we need to trust in God and we know that He will lead us as He wants us. We have seen great things from our small body of students, great leaps in faith and a community that seeks the Lord. I see this Psalm as an encouragement to keep in going, to battle through the hard times, to trust our Guide and Leader, to take the hits and get back up again. I KNOW GOD WILL LEAD US AND WE WILL BE ALL RIGHT!!! (I was getting a little fired up there…) We have a great Leader and a community of love that follows Him, with those two things all is possible. I look forward to the years to come for this school and to see where God is guiding us. It is exciting and scary all at the same time, but I trust in God and know He has a great and wonderful plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.