Monday, August 22, 2011

Message from Phil Adams, Principal

Why do we do what we do? Jesus has set the example that we be leaders of no reputation. Not bad reputation, just no reputation. The following hymn, familiar to many of us, expands on the theme. If you are unfamiliar with the tune, or even if you know it well, click on the link below.

May the mind of Christ my Savior live in me from day to day,
By His love and pow'r controlling All I do and say.

May the Word of Christ dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph only through His pow'r.

May the peace of Christ my Savior rule my life in every thing,
That I may be calm to comfort sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me, as the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing, this is victory.

May I run the race before me, strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus as I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me as I seek the lost to win, and may they forget the channel, seeing only Him.

Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/401#ixzz1Vli8QR9q

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Philippians 2:5-8 (English Standard Version)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Phil. We sang this hymn at our wedding and it has always been very special to Carol and me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our blog.