Monday, May 16, 2011

Message from Jim Koan, Superintendent

3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6

Anticipating my last devotional blog of the year, this passage came to mind. When I think about each of you, my dear colleagues and friends, I am so thankful to God that He has raised you and me up to work together in this kingdom work. I listened to some tremendous and moving Senior testimonies last week, how God had used teachers and coaches and friends at PCUS to change their lives. I listened, and I thought of you, faithful faculty, and I thanked God for you.

I attended the High School Honors Assembly and the Junior High Honors Day last week, my chest swelling with pride at the accomplishments and achievements of these kids. I know that behind each and every success story from the student body of PC lies at least one faithful servant-teacher who diligently applied the craft of instruction, all with love and (I am sure at times) super-human patience.

These kids are not all lovable…but because they are here under your tutelage…they are loved.

These kids are not all scholars…but because they sit in your class…they are stars.

So many years ago God “began a good work in you” which He continues to this day. Now you, faithful servant, are an instrument of good work and divine refinement in the lives of these kids.

I thank God for you…and I thank you for sharing this past year with me and with the community of PCUS. Blessings on you until we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. ...and there is a faithful, God-fearing servant-leader behind the teachers and staff. Thank you for your service, Mr. Koan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our blog.