Monday, May 9, 2011

Message from Jim Koan, Superintendent

Be Still and Know that I Am GOD.

If your month of May is anything like mine, the last thing on your agenda is “Be still.” You may say “Seriously? Do you know all I have to do? Grades and concerts and graduation ceremonies and don’t get me started on what is waiting for me at home. And furthermore…”

Can you relate? But time and again God calls us to “be still”, to pull away from the hustle and bustle of this world and our schedule, our agenda and our responsibilities. Pull away, be still, and focus on Him.

All of those distractions are actually good things, things we should be attending to. But God reminds us that while we are to be about our Fathers work, we are also at times to “be still…and know that He is God.”

Take a moment now, or sometime today, and listen to this song from Steven Curtis Chapman.

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.