Monday, December 13, 2010

Message from Yvonne Calderon, WV 5th Grade Teacher

Earlier this year, Sonya had a devotion where the bible says fall on your face and cry out to God. Here is a reminder of her devotion from September 3.

“I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me.” –Psalms 57:2

“O LORD, God of my salvation; I cry out day and night before you. Let my prayer come before you; incline your ear to my cry! For my soul is full of troubles…” –Psalms 88:1-3

On September 21 when Art when down, all I could hear was Sonya’s devotion. These words rang out in my head as I fell to my face (literally, I was faced planted in the hall). I cried out to God.


“So when He saw them, He said to them, ‘Go, show yourselves to the priests.’ And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks.”

Luke 17:14-16 (NKJV)

A few weeks ago, I was in church and Luke 17:14-17 was the topic of the sermon. Again, I hear God telling me to CRY OUT!!! This time he tells me to CRY OUT in thanks!! Our culture is not a culture where we CRY OUT in thanks. We say a polite thank you and call it a day! I wonder what it would look like this Christmas season if we as a Christian community CRIED OUT with THANKS for all God gave us this year! No more quiet thank yous! What if our Christmas letters were filled with THANKS not accomplishments? What if our Christmas letters were filled with answered prayers not details about our year? What if our Christmas letters were filled with requests of how our Christian family could pray for us followed up with a request of how we could pray for others?

Sonya thank you for your devotion! I love how the truth hidden in our hearts is what gets us through life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.