Friday, December 10, 2010

Message from Lisa Blake, Counselor

"The Son of Man will put the sheep (good people) on his right and the goats (bad people) on his left. "Then the king will say to those good people on his right, 'Come. My Father has given you great blessings. Come and get the kingdom God promised you. That kingdom has been prepared for you since the world was made. You can have this kingdom, because I was hungry and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was alone and away from home, and you invited me into your home. I was without clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you came to visit me.' "Then the good people will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you alone and away from home and invite you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear? When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?' "Then the king will answer, 'I tell you the truth. Anything you did for any of my people here, you also did for me.'"


I was thinking about the “least of these” last night as we welcomed 60 young children to our campus to shower love on them. There’s something mystical about the supernatural change that takes place in your heart as you offer yourself to others, especially those that desperately need you. I watched as our students who we often think of as selfish, proud, self-seeking, and rude transformed into these young men and women whose hearts overflowed with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control. Isn’t this what happens when we live in the kingdom of God? Transformation occurs, blessings multiply, and the lost finally find hope. May the words of Jesus inspire you to seek out the least of these, the poor in spirit, the brokenhearted and shower them with His love…you’ll be amazed at what the spirit will do!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.