Monday, August 25, 2014

Message from Cathy Birdsong, High School Teacher


In my quiet time recently, God has revealed scriptures reminding me that all of us are at different points in our spiritual journey with Christ.  Scripture is the basis for training of discipleship in Christ.

I shared with my student advisory class last week:  Psalms 51:10 “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.”

I explained the cost of a clean heart through Jesus and the daily renewing of our spirit comes from God alone.  We usually struggle, as Christians, to consistently live as an example of Christ in every single moment and situation – every single day.  1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  

I encouraged students, as well as myself, to renew our hearts and spirits through God’s power each day with prayer and bible reading.  We are human and God created each day as an increment of time for us to manage physically, mentally, emotionally, and especially spiritually.    In Philippians 3:13-14 Paul meditated on the journey by “Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

As a teacher at Phoenix Christian, I take my call seriously.  The entire faculty and staff strive for God’s direction with your children and we are NOT perfect.  My recent motto I feel God has laid on my heart personally is “Not Perfected, but Persistent!”  It is in the striving that we grow closer to God and are able to love and guide others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.