Monday, February 25, 2013

Message from Janice Koivisto, Junior High/High School Teacher


Jesus knew what they were thinking and said to the man with the shriveled hand, “Get up and stand in front of everyone.” So he got up and stood there…Jesus said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He did so, and his hand was completely restored.

Luke 6:8, 10

 
Chances are, it wasn’t easy for this man to stand and stretch out the very limb he had been seeking to hide.  Neither is it easy for us to uncover our faults and limitations and reach out to Jesus. It is, however, the road to recovery and restoration.

 
Jesus, today I want to stand in front of You, not cowering or hiding or ducking around the corner. Help me to be bold and strong before You. Let me stretch out to You with all I am, exposing my deepest hurts, my deepest needs, my darkest moments. I know You want to heal me, You are willing to heal me, and You are able to heal me! I want it, too, and I am willing, and I know you are able! Like this man with the shriveled hand, here I am, Jesus. And in You, I am completely restored! Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.