Friday, February 3, 2012

Message from Kristin Ornoski, Development Office

Be Still

“Be still,” I hear Him softly say.
“Be still, lay all aside.”
He who made the universe stoops down,
and gathers up my cares.

“Be still,” He chides again.
His work begins within my weary soul.
“Be patient. In quiet stay.
Listen to me.”

Though pressed on every side,
I clear my heart and mind.
In timid voice and heart,
I lift to Him my praise.

How quiet, His presence.
How healing, His words.
In hushed awe, I listen.
I savor each one.

My will, He bends.
My heart, He sweeps clean.
My strength, He renews.
My soul, He fills to overflowing.

He teaches through His word.
I heed what He tells me.
I stand and give Him praise.
Together we go forth to serve.

Anita Corrine Donihue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.