Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Message from Carol Stines, International Director

I have been so blessed by many hymns and Christian choruses. In fact, I have even chosen some songs for my funeral already and, on my tombstone I want this section from a song …
Why should I gain from His Reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.

We often sing songs and do not really think about what we are saying or promising or confessing or believing. I urge us to really think about the meaning and internalize it. Sometimes at home I’ll sing a song many times. It often takes about the 3rd time through before I really start to comprehend all that I’m singing and see how to make it personal.

How about the song:
The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows
The more that I love him, more love He bestows
Each day is like Heaven, my heart overflows
The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows.

How about:
I’ll never know how much it cost
To see my sins upon that cross

Recently this has meant a lot:
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know who holds the future
And, life is worth the living just because He lives.

I’ll end with this one:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His mercy and grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.