Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Message from Irma Flores, Elementary Teacher

Acts 8:8 And there was great JOY in that city.

Bah! Humbug! I caught myself being a “Scrooge” as I thought of all I had to do for Christmas and how time goes quickly and so on. As I prayed and studied my Scripture for that day, the Lord redirected my thoughts and helped me change my attitude.

In Acts where the early church is growing, I noticed many “greats”.
“great power” (the apostles had)
Great grace (on all that heard)
Great wonders (Stephen did)
Great lamentation (over Stephen’s death)
Great persecution
And Great JOY!

Because of the persecution, the people were scattered abroad and went everywhere preaching the Gospel. Philip went to Samaria and preached Christ to them and they believed. There was great JOY in that city.

Praise God that we have great JOY here as we present the Gospel in our classes and especially now at Christmas. Phoenix Christian is bringing great JOY to our city of Phoenix. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.