Friday, August 20, 2010

Message from Jim Koan, Superintendent

John 14:10-14
10Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Christ instructed His disciples that when they acted or proclaimed or asked anything in the name of Jesus of Nazareth they were acting and speaking and asking with the authority of the Father in heaven himself, the creator and sustainer of all things. That is a pretty potent power supply!

Each of us as redeemed children of God has all power and all authority on our side when we ask in Jesus’ name. And when we have doubts, as did Thomas and Phillip in this episode recorded in John chapter 14, we should heed Christ’s direction to “believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.”

For me that means to reflect on how Christ, time and time again, has met my needs and provided in ways large and small. You too, as a believer, have your own ‘file’ of miracles God has done for you which you can pull up and reflect on when your faith or confidence wavers. And if you don’t think you are the recipient of such miracles of provision and protection or just can’t call them to mind let me encourage you to check out stories of faith of the saints being rewarded with great provision from God: In The Presence of Mine Enemies; The Hiding Place; Quest for Excellence; anything written about George Mueller. You are no different from the saints in these stories; each of us “live and move and have our being” in Him. (Acts 17:28)

These are just a few books which can build our faith and confidence in God when we pray. Maybe you have some examples you’d like to share in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.