Monday, April 14, 2014

Message from Jamie Ross, Kindergarten Teacher


“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you: I have called you by name: you are Mine!” Isaiah 43:1b (RSV)

On the Outside Looking In

Have you ever felt as though you were on the outside looking in? Maybe there isn’t any acknowledgement of your existence, you just don’t fit in. I’m sure that we all feel that way sometimes. I felt that way, growing up in a blended family. I was out of place with my step cousins at family gatherings. When I was able to visit with my late father’s family, I felt like a true insider. We all had the same laugh, which was annoying to others. It was a great time of fellowship that ended too soon.

I asked my pastor if I might share something from his sermon. He gave me the go ahead:

Who I am in Christ

Because you are in Christ, every one of these statements is true of you.

· I am loved. I. John 3:1

· I am accepted. Ephesians 1:5-6

· I am a child of God. John 1:12

· I am Jesus’ friend. John 15:14

· I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him. Romans 8:17

· I am united with God and one spirit with Him. I. Corinthians 6:17

· I am a temple of God. His spirit and his life live in me. I. Corinthians 6:19

· I am a member of Christ’s body. I. Corinthians 12:27

· I am a Saint. Ephesians 1:1

· I am redeemed and forgiven. Colossians 1:14

· I am complete in Jesus Christ. Colossians 2:10

· I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1

· I am a new creation because I am in Christ. II. Corinthians 5:17

· I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. Colossians 3:12

· I am established, anointed, and sealed by God. II. Corinthians 1:21

· I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind. II. Timothy 1:7

· I am God’s co-worker. II. Corinthians 6:1

· I am seated in heavenly places with Christ. Ephesians 2:6

· I have direct access to God. Ephesians 2:18

· I am chosen to bear fruit. John 15:16

· I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house. I. Peter 2:5

· I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I share His nature. II. Peter 1:4

· I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me. Hebrews 13:5

· God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do. Philippians 2:13

· I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need. James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.