Monday, December 2, 2013

Message from Faith Daniels, Drama Teacher



I watched as my 3 year old daughter struggled with the crumbling pie dough.  Over and over she tried, on her own, then said, "you fix this Mama”. I gathered  the pieces of dough so I could roll it out, however, every time I tried there were her little hands trying to help, but getting in the way. Again I tried, and again there were those tiny helping hands, getting in the way and making it impossible to fix the dough.  Finally, I said “I can’t  fix this till you take your hands off”.

Years later the Lord reminded me of this story as I cried out in despair.. “ why don’t you do something?” I’m praying, reading the Word, tithing, and going to church, and I am still fighting this disease.  It was then He reminded me of the story.  He couldn’t fix anything till I took my hands off and trusted HIM! I was trying to earn my healing.. trying to “do” instead of just “being.” 
Some of us are experiencing challenges:  unsaved loved ones, illness, financial struggles, and most of all the anguish of unanswered prayer. If that is you,  maybe you will think about "taking your hands off the pie dough” and LET GOD FIX EVERYTHING!  

To this very day if I am tempted (and I often am) to try to "fix things  myself” I remember that THE BATTLE IS THE LORD’S 2 Chr. 20:17 and that it is JESUS who ALWAYS causes us to triumph. 
2 Cor. 2:14

As we approach this Holy Season, it is my prayer that all of us will relax, rest, trust and be thankful we can ”take our hands off the pie dough”.

Thank you seems so feeble, Jesus, for who You are and all You have done for us!  I love You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.