Monday, October 7, 2013

Message from Rebecca Buys, Junior High Teacher


“Father God, just for today,
Help me walk your narrow way,
Help me stand, where I might fall
Give me the strength to hear your call.

(chorus, x2)
May my steps be worship,
May my thoughts be praise,
May my words, bring honor to your name.”

The words of this song have been my prayer this school year.

I thought that the crazy days of being a first-year teacher were behind me, but then I decided to move, get married, start teaching new curriculum at a new school in a new state full of new faces. Hello, first year in repeat! There are some most days when I find myself exhausted and slightly overwhelmed with the amount of work that I’ve got to do. This is a feeling that I’m sure we can all relate to at some point in our lives!

The words of this song bring me peace, strength, and comfort. I know that I am not alone and because of God’s grace I can call on His name to help me through each moment and with His power I can turn each moment, into a moment of praise.

I’ve found that it is important to take it one day at a time. One day at a time to serve God, to work for His kingdom. One day at a time, God lift me up in those places where I am too weak to stand alone. God, let my steps as a teacher be in worship to you. God, may my thoughts praise you, let each word that I say to these students honor you. There are challenges in our days that cause us heartache and stress, it is in these moments especially that I pray that God would help me, help us, to walk in His ways and honor Him with our words, thoughts, and deeds. 

God has promised to go before us and to go with us. He does not leave us or forsake us. He tells us to not be afraid, to not be discouraged. (Deut 31:8).

Let each thought this week, each moment, and each step be in praise to our God who has blessed us with immeasurably more than we deserve.  We are blessed to be busy, so in everything give thanks and praise to our God who guides us through each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.