Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Message from Cathy Birdsong, High School Teacher




“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6

There would normally be so much anxiety about the first days at a new school, but I knew God wanted me here.  I had continual questions about procedures and details.  After two days of classes, we were off to retreat where I was to supervise freshmen girls.  I was frazzled with not enough sleep and a staff member prayed for me.  What a blessing just to know others are praying for me.  We can be anxious in our daily experiences, but what a comfort to know our Creator is in control.  I encouraged the girls in my cabin to remember to pray for each other after the retreat.  There was a spiritual bond created when we prayed together.  

There have been many opportunities to pray and the photograph above is from the football game on Friday, August 30th.  We were all praying for the player from the other team as he lay on the field waiting for the ambulance to arrive.  This public display of prayer is a witness as to why Phoenix Christian is a “light” to the world.  The blessing of prayer anyone can give to others.  The bond of Christ has made me feel instantaneously connected and blessed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.