Monday, May 6, 2013

Message from Carol Stines, Director of International Programs


It’s sort of strange to think about, but I’ve already decided what I would like written on my gravestone – or on a plaque on my ashes.  Here are the words:

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.

This is the final stanza from ‘How Deep the Father’s Love for Us” by Stuart Townend.

Stuart says he wanted to tell the story of Christ from the Father’s point of view – what it cost Him to give His son - that’s what the first two stanza’s are about.  Next Stuart talks of his complicity in what happened – that it was his sin that held Christ there – upon the cross.  Lastly are two stanzas that are from a personal perspective on what Christ has done for us.

Songs really draw me closer to the Lord.  I am so thankful for Christian song writers. When you sing a song, really think about what you are saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.