Monday, December 17, 2012

Message from Colleen Helman, High School Teacher


2012 . . . A PERSPECTIVE

This year, 2012, has been a year of changes, both for me and for my family. Some of the changes have been wonderful blessings. Some changes have been less-than-desirable, from my limited vantage point. But, the perspective I gain this time of year, as I take time to reflect, is always educational to me, and revealing as I look for God’s hand in each event/situation.

 
Here are a couple of “high” points:

  • Our son, Jonathan, married the love of his life in February and we, as parents, adore Roxy and love adding her to our family as our daughter!
  • Jim and I sold our home of 24 years so we could downsize to a condo in downtown Phoenix. I love it here!

Here are a couple of “less-than-high” points:

  • I unexpectedly needed to have surgery five days after school began. (I dislike things that happen “unexpectedly”.)
  • Our pastor at our church announced his retirement. (I dislike change.)
  • My dear mother-in-law passed away and is now enjoying Heaven. I know this is joyful, but I miss her.

So, there have been some surprises and changes in my life during 2012, both joyful and sorrowful. Several things have not changed, nor will they ever change:

 
• Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  Psalm 36:5

• Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

• “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

• Turn all your worries over to him. He cares about you.  1 Peter 5:7

• In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:37-39

• Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Merry Christmas, and a blessed New Year!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on our blog.